Login
Sign up

Send the page
Go to the forum
 
French
   India > Agrâ > Agra Fort > Mina Masjid
Mina Masjid
Mina Masjid
Heavenly Mosque
Section 8 on 14

Agra Fort
Outdoor Architecture

between 1631 and 1640

Area related : Agrâ

UNESCO World Heritage Site (Définitif) : 1983

Cliquer pour agrandir

This tiny mosque is closed to the public.
History   
The small mosque was built, entirely of white marble, by the Mughal king Shah Jahan for his personal use. It has a small open court in front of the three-arched prayer-chamber. There is no ornamentation and it is simple. It is enclosed and secured on all sides by high walls and, it appears that, Shah Jahan used this mosque during his imprisonment in the adjoining apartment of the muthamman-burj, also called shah-burj, from 1658 to 1666 A.D.
More pictures   
Place(s) related   
Nagina Masjid (Agra Fort)
Mina Masjid (Agra Fort)
Jama Masjid (Fatehpur Sikri)
Masjid Al-Abrar (Singapore)
Masjid Jamae (Singapore)
Jami Masjid in Gwailor (Gwalior)
Jami Masjid in Mandu (Mandu)
Agra Fort
Mina Masjid